Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Daily Resolutions


The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin provided me with the inspiration to create a list of daily resolutions. I am a big fan of lists - checklists, to-do lists, pros/cons lists, shopping lists; I love them all. I find that my daily resolutions list is especially helpful during this transitory phase of my life. I struggle to feel productive and like I’m spending my time well, so when I’m in a funk, working on my daily resolutions resets my frame of mind.


  1. Spend at least one hour outside.
  2. Read for 30 minutes (or more).
  3. Complete one domestic activity (cleaning, home improvement, doing repairs, sewing)..
  4. Reach out to at least one friend or family member.
  5. Sing loudly.
  6. Verbalize my appreciation.


There are many other things that I do each day that don’t need to be on my resolutions list. Telling people that I love them, getting exercise, eating vegetables and things like that are just a part of daily life. I plan to update my daily resolutions list frequently so that it remains beneficial and adapts as life changes. Someday, I will add meditation to the list, but I know that I won’t do that every day and it’s important to me that whatever is on this list gets completed each day. This seems simple (and probably a little silly), but it provides me with a sense of satisfaction and is often the catalyst that I need to accomplish even more.


Do you have a list of daily resolutions (even if just in your head)?
If not, what things would add to your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment