Monday, December 21, 2015

Overnight Oats

Overnight Oats


Overnight oats provide an easy way to get a healthy carb boost and provides a satisfying snack or breakfast. It’s also really great for when you are pressed for time in the morning. You can also be really creative with the base and tailor it to suit whatever flavors you like. You can add protein powder, spices, extracts, fruit, nuts - whatever sounds tasty to you.


The base is simply equal parts oats and liquid. The rest is up to you.



Here is my favorite combination:
2 cps oats
2 cps rice milk
1 Tb cinnamon
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tb protein powder
3 cups frozen blueberries


Put everything together in a sealed container and put it in the refrigerator overnight. No need to premix. In the morning give it a stir and eat. That’s it. It is so delicious.




I really like Coach’s Oats and I get them at Costco, because when I’m on an oats kick I require a vat-sized container. I’ve tried it with pumpkin filling and pumpkin pie spices - also very delicious. Sometimes I add a splash of flavored creamer, which is also really yummy.

Give it a try and tell me about your creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment