Friday, January 8, 2016

Easy Egg Cups



These simple egg cups are great for a breakfast on the go; they store well and are satisfying and delicious. I love to bake, so these also fill that need without the temptation of cookies in my face. The variations for this recipe are endless, so give it a try with your favorite ingredients.


IMG_0646.JPG


When bacon is in the reduced section (yay for morning shopping!), I stock up and freeze them.
ingredients.jpg


Arrange the bacon in a muffin tin so that the tail end of each piece sits in the bottom of the well. I don’t grease the tins or use liners, but you can try that. It might make clean-up easier.


IMG_0631.JPG


Lightly whisk the eggs in a large bowl.


IMG_0635.JPG


Add peppers (or your favorite ingredients), cheese and ground pepper.


IMG_0640.JPG


Then carefully fill each cup about ¾ full with the mixture. I made a mess and used too much (I forgot how much they puff up in the oven). If you have an ice cream scoop, this would help tremendously.


IMG_0641.JPG


I feared for my oven, so I placed the muffin tin on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.


IMG_0642.JPG


Yep - I made a mess, but that’s normal for me :).
IMG_0645.JPG
I find that removing the egg cups when they are still hot using a large spoon makes removal easier (swirl the spoon around the edges of each cup before scooping the cup out). Let them rest on a paper towel.


IMG_0647.JPG


Eat hot or store when cooled in an airtight container.


This is the recipe I used, but next time I’d adjust the egg and cheese amounts to the number of bacon slices in the package. Or, you can just cook up the remainder as an omelet while the cups bake. I decided that overfilling the muffin tins would be more fun (just go with it…).


10 eggs (too many)
4 chili peppers
about 1.5 cups cheddar, shredded (also too much)
1 package bacon
pepper


What are your favorite ingredients?
Who’s with me as a Messy Marvin in the kitchen?


No comments:

Post a Comment